Monday, 23 July 2007

#36



When I stepped out of the shower this morning, I heard my mobile announce I had received a message and it read like this ........

"Thats f**ked iv been put in the most awkward position" (and I've just noticed you sent it last night and I've only received it am today ..)

So of course I had to ring and ask what was wrong. Surprisingly it wasn't you but your new girlfriend's mum and dad were splitting up and you didn't know how to handle it. I forget that life experience teaches us how to take things in our stride, and you are just a beginner. I was surprised that you felt so bad and awkward about what you should say, and how to behave and that you even asked her if she didn't want you around. Anyway, we fixed that when I asked you how you would react if it was your best friend's parents who were splitting up, would you disappear from his life. That made it clearer for you didn't it, lol. Just be there for her and be her friend, and don't take anyone's side, it's not your business.

Later on during the day I arranged for the wreckers to put an engine in your car and they are arranging to have it picked up on Wednesday with a towtruck. Took me half an hour to organise this, took you over 5 months to twaddle your thumbs. I feel real good about this now, this will help you get some fun back in your life. Hopefully next week you will be mobile again. Won't that be fantastic!

I'm sorry that you didn't do anything about it yourself but I understand you probably felt hampered by not having any money.

Looks like you will be staying up there and not coming here, bit sad I suppose but we will see. I hope you pull your finger out and do something about better accommodation very soon although I guess it will be easier if you've got a car to looksee.

Hopefully this will be the start of an upswing for you, which is long overdue.

Love from Mum
XXXX


No comments:

Post a Comment