I could gladly put my fist through my monitor and hurl the hard drive out my balcony the past 5 or 6 days. It's probably not even the computer at fault, it is either my norton internet security or telstra and my initial suspicions are with norton. It is a very invasive program and I am feeling close to deleting it, I had the feeling my problems stemmed from one of the auto updates on Tuesday so I did a system restore back 10 days and it made things worse.
By things worse I mean I had to resort to reading a book to while away the time whilst waiting for a web page to load .. 10 minutes and it would still not be completely loaded, I could not open anything on the net except my gmail account which was something at least. Once a page loaded within a minute, then I decided it wasn't my internet provider totally in the wrong.
Norton is glaring at me with a big red X because I disabled the auto uploads and selected manual ones, same for the window updates. Doesn't it make a person wonder who is controlling whom when remote computers can peer inside to see what you have and what you haven't and I am referring to both windows and norton, quite apart from hackers and so forth. I looked through my norton logs and here are all these unasked for scans, two or three in one internet session, hmmmm coming very close to permanently disabling it.
When I had computer trouble a couple of months ago, an employee of Microsoft actually told me not to have my computer with auto update selected as sometimes the updates were more trouble than they were worth, ie, needed a 'fix' later, so I guess if it's good enough for them it's good enough for me, trouble is I don't know enough about the innards of computers to fix stuff and I am heartily sick of lugging it on a 3 hour round trip to fix it.
Today I took pups out for a drive, actually I needed to do some grocery shopping and it was too cold and wet to leave her in the yard for my conscience. We left in grey rain and returned to lovely blue skies and a sharp Mt. Wellington which looked close enough to touch. I was a good girl and bought some low fat/sugar items. I have this book which explains the information on the nutrition information panels very well and how to compare and choose the best for ones condition, so seeing my blood pressure is fine, I don't have to mind the sodium as much as the sugars, such a great help. They gave me a book on low GI and how to use that to the greatest effect so that helped me too. I bought lots of lovely navels, apples and kiwifruit and intend to keep re-reading this book so I totally understand the benefits of high and low GI foods.
Hmmmm maybe by year's end I will be slim, haha, but I definitely will be healthier I know that much, and so will pups as we are going to go for lots of walks, even if I didn't get around to doing that over the weekend. Maybe I will finally knock that weight off that I put on while pregnant, hmmmmm? I will, over time.
Anyway, I've only 1-1/2 hours till I start my fast so I better get started pigging out .........
hehehe
Love from Mum
XXXXXXXX
No comments:
Post a Comment