You know .. sometimes I just can't believe the rubbish shows that the media put on for us, I was watching one of the 'current affairs' shows tonight while waiting for my dial up (which is excrutionably S L O W today) to load pages and files. Without naming names, the tv station put on the most boring, unnecessary twaddle that I've seen for a while, basically a person from another country deriding a decision which our government is working on at present, and calling our prime minister racist. I'm not going into any details but I thought to myself .. how low can this current affairs show go to present this to us, the hoi polloi reasonably intelligent thinking and reasoning population. Quite often I wonder if these people who work in television and magazine/newspaper land think they are one up above the rest of the populace - like much more important and definitely much more intelligent. Maybe they should take a look at the stuff they are forcefeeding us.
The show I'm referring to tonight had nothing to do with our current affairs, it was simply a muckraking, inflammatory, hoping to be controversial topic which I think backfired. It was boring and totally irrelevant to me. They must have been really lacking in stories, that's all I can say, and with the amount of people employed in that industry .. huge amounts of hangers-on .. surely they could come up with something interesting to educate and hold a person's attention.
I really cannot understand why they hold themselves in such high esteem, they treat us the viewers as an ignorant public, they don't seem to understand they are shooting themselves in the foot by the dreadful way they treat the public via their scheduling (late or irrelevant rubbish, rudeness) and I can't see why the advertisers would want to pay them money when there are far too many advertisements on tv and most people turn off.
Pay tv, ABC and SBS could show them lots.
My whinge for today .............
I had a quiet day today, saw no-one, spoke to no-one - just the dog and cats, lol, my mood has improved a lot and I wasn't sad today. It was quite cold - a good heater and internet day today, but I didn't put the heater on till about 3.30 by then it was about 6 degrees inside and my hands were cold, and the internet is stuffed today, I've never had it going so slow.
Tomorrow I will show you some figures I have been working on, the net is so screamingly slow today I would start screaming if I had to contend with online photo albums and such.
love from Mum
XXXXXXX
No comments:
Post a Comment