I spent most of today with a stone in place of my heart, I just felt so sad. I can’t believe two whole weeks sped by so quickly and as I am writing this you are already thousands of miles away, back home. As we were driving to the airport this morning we were both quiet and I was heartened to hear you say you felt sad too. I hope you enjoyed your mini holiday being nurtured of old and I’m glad I could help out. Two weeks ago I was on top of the world, so happy, happy, happy – now I’m right down in the dumps, saying goodbye is so hard.
We got to the airport with plenty of time to haul your bike in the box to be checked in, I’m glad we thought to get the box the day before, so we had a leisurely check in but it was all too soon when you walked through the airport door waving goodbye and I felt like crying right there … but I didn’t. Instead of waiting in the terminal to see your flight off, I drove to the oyster farm and watched from there. I tried to take a pic of your plane with my phone but I wasn’t quick enough.
So off I drove home, alternating with a few tears then just leaded numbness. I put a favourite Enigma on, very sad music but comforting and by the time I drove through Eaglehawk Neck the greys were becoming lighter, interspersed with darker greys. I picked up my mail and Wilma sympathised with sad goodbyes and said the time had gone quickly.
When I got home pups missed you straight away, sniffing me and everywhere, I told her you had gone .. I wonder how much they understand. Em just looked at me, we will see what happens tonight. I have put her pillow onto the end of my bed again and closed your door. I didn’t know what to do with myself after I was home so just made a cuppa and read my book to make myself feel better and to shut out the outside world for a while, it worked – I don’t feel so devastated now.
You let me know you had landed safely and were well on the way home. So far away already.
It was Pa’s 84th birthday today, just as well we had plenty of time for a chat and everyone remarked how grown up you had sounded – Pa said from a 16 year old to an 18 year old in the space of four or five months, lol.
Love ya madly, miss ya madly boy. It’s empty here without you.
Love from Mum
XXXXXXXXXX
No comments:
Post a Comment