I feel besieged!
Monday I went for my bloodtest after fasting overnight, as expected, he had trouble finding a decent vein and on his first attempt the blood flow was very slow and did not fill his syringe so he had to find another, thus I have two holes in my arm and lots of bruising effects, it was sore for a while too. At least I was expecting it.
Back home again for my long awaited breakfast, YUM.
Tuesday back to the same place, different doctor, this time a physiotherapist who was really really nice, and even listened to me. She had some different therapy for me, she strapped up my back to help make me aware of a better posture and said if I could, to leave it on for 5 days, it really does remind me to sit up properly with my neck in a better position. She loaned me a tube, like a spaghetti tube for the pool, to prop my neck on while sleeping on my pillow (well I know what she meant, lol) and it was so comfortable, for the first time in some years I felt like I could relax my head and neck because it was supported more than just from the pillow and I even slept on my back for a while, which I haven't done for years either.
The best part was her service was free, from the State Government, I was absolutely amazed. I spent $70 per session ten times last year when I was in acute pain and got no relief at all - eventually told to go away as she could not help me. Talk about the retarded state!
Today, back to the doctor who gave me the results of my blood tests - yes diabetes diagnosed at 11 and cholesterol at 8 (I think) so I have been careful mostly with what I've been eating and today I took pups for a short walk between showers. He's given me some medication which I will start tomorrow and I need to test my blood sugars. I thought I would be more upset than I am, but I think secretly I was expecting something like this - I felt something was not right.
It's been cold and rainy, sometimes some hail. I put the heater on early today after breakfast, just to warm things up for a while. I don't mind it but the best thing up there was the winter time, even if the temperatures got down to 4 degrees, the top today was 11.
I started your scrapbook memories last night, got the first page started and from time to time I will compile other pages, I am impatient to get a few done but lack of money, lol, doesn't help and I want to do it carefully, it will be fun and will be a work in progress - your life in a little capsule, yeah and maybe when I pass it on to you, I could print these pages out to go with it. hmmmmmm,
I haven't any other news of value, been living very quietly heehee.
Love from Mum
XXXXX
No comments:
Post a Comment