Wednesday, 4 July 2007

#25


The skies are grey, the rain is grey, my mood is getting grey .. only two days left, in fact less, till you fly off home. Funny ay? you're getting twitchy to go back, I'm getting a little sad, wahhhhhhh. Poor ole mum.

Today is our first rainy day since you've been here, pretty good I think since people always think this location as being cold wet and miserable. In any case it suits me much better than humidity. Yesterday we went for a drive to Mt Field national park, I wanted to see Russell Falls - I last saw these falls when I was 14 when I came down on a school trip, how long ago was that, they are still lovely falls - I have placed a pic below. We left home late and we seemed to only have spent a short time there before we turned back home, bit of a waste of fuel really, lol.

Russell Falls


We went for a wonderful drive on Sunday though, it was a magnificent day weatherwise so off we went, turned off at Copping and went through the Weilangta  Forest. A well maintained dirt road took us through heavy forest, some of which had been burnt in January's bush fires and they have come back well, we had spectacular views of the coastline here and there and we came across a dear little rainforest walk of about 15 minute's duration, so pristine and unspoiled, with a huge log bridge. I took some photos but have only shown one underneath.

Fern near the bridge, Weilangta


Further on we came to the coastline near Orford, with Maria Island in the background. Beautiful unspoiled beaches and it was just terrific. Took lots of photos and have shown one when we came out of the bush to see the sea in front. Wonderful area and now I see why this area is known for a good summer holiday spot. We even drove as far as Triabunna, had some pretty good pies and a lovely vanilla slice and by then it was time to turn back home.

Maria Island from near Orford


It seems like old times with me on the computer now and you sitting watching Lord of the Rings, we both loved those shows so much, sigh.

I am going to miss your company, we get along so well. I will be sad for a few days but I guess it won't be as bad or last as long as when you left in January. We've had some good conversations, especially the ones concerning condoms, lol, and I hope you do look after yourself. I hope this girl meets your expectations and I am sooooooo glad I am not a teenager in these days. I am so sorry that we are not living up there together anymore and that I can't take care of you. I know I left home at 17 to brave the big bad world so you did too, but it seems hard - anyway I will be up there briefly for your birthday, then you will be back here for Christmas.

love from Mum
XXXX


No comments:

Post a Comment