Tuesday, 21 August 2007

#37



Well, where to start! At the beginning I suppose, and this will take a while to write.

Going back 4 weeks ago ....... they came and took your car away on the tow truck, poor little thing, lol and you settled back into your life. You sounded happy.

Sunday 29th .. I get a tearful phonecall from you saying you've not been well, sick of work, sick of the druggie squatters upstairs and can you please come back down for a week! Well my poor old credit card is getting a pounding but of course I'm only too pleased to have you back, so I arrange for you to fly down on the 1st August.

1st August .. I'm happy again, driving to the airport to pick you up. Your plane is half an hour late but that doesn't matter, lol. We go to see the new Harry Potter film, it's just like old times when you were young and we used to go to the pictures quite often. Yeah good film, then we go shopping and home again.

Home together for one day then I have to work for 3 days, Friday, Saturday and Sunday and it is so nice to be driven to work, lol, so you can have the car - and be picked up again. You spend your days with Dean so I don't have to worry about you being bored .. is good! We have some nice cooked dinners at home .. have to put some weight back on you.

6th August - Monday .. we go for a drive down to Cockle Creek, the southernmost point that anyone can drive in Australia and it was a great day. That part of the world was just magic and well worth a visit, I took lots of pictures of all the lovely little bays and it would be a lovely holiday in summertime, good old fashioned R and R. On the way down you noticed a blue Commodore and on our way back we called in to have a look at it. It wasn't bad, and we ended up putting a deposit on it.

7th August - Tuesday .. we took a drive back to Waterloo to pick up your new car and this took most of the day going there and back, you followed me all the way, yes it's a nice car and you were pretty happy.

Lovely new car

11th August - Saturday .. you flew home, but agreed to come back with me when I fly up for your birthday in a month so you can get back on your feet and think about what direction your immediate future will take. When you arrived back home I get another phone call with you in tears saying that the druggies upstairs had broken into your room and stolen your stuff. I arranged with you to stay with Kel's family but that is only for a week.

12th August - Sunday .. you decide you want to come back sooner than your birthday, I can't help you immediately because I needed to work again on the following weekend, so we finally decide that you could pack up your car and drive back on your own.

16th August - Thursday .. you finally leave your coast at 11.30 and drive all day to Goondiwindi and stay there overnight. The car went well which is good considering it is an unknown motor and you travel all through the next day, arriving at West Wyalong to stay that night and on Saturday you arrive safe and sound at Ian's.

YOU DID WELL BOY!!

Driving all that way on your own, in that little car, well done - you should be proud. Now you can stay there a little while and be loved and looked after by family, isn't that nice and should do you good. When you are ready then just let me know and I can book the ferry so you can continue your trip.

Love from Mum
XXX


No comments:

Post a Comment