Wednesday, 22 August 2007

#38



Just a quiet day, a blue and sunny day which I wasn't expecting. I washed my very dirty muddy car in which we had gone through all those puddles down at cockle creek two weeks ago and it looks nice again. Then I looked in the engine bay and found I have a couple of hours of cleaning up to do there too, splashes of muddy water everywhere, yuk!

Then I had a nice long cup of coffee out on the balcony, short sleeves and all and read some of the book I am currently reading "Pieces of Blue" by Kerry McGinnis - this is one of the most enjoyable books I have read in a good while, I am loving it. Miss tillie lay in my lap and slept in the sunshine.

Then I trimmed (massacred) the miniature rose bushes, they are little now - hope I didn't kill then which I doubt but maybe they will grow back nice and healthy, they had lots of dried wood within them. We will see!

By this time it was 4.30, still sunny which brings me to the current sunrise and sunset times for this month, two months after the shortest day of the year.

Sunrise...6.55am
Sunset ...5.33pm

lots of difference from June
Sunrise .....7.42am
Sunset....4.43

It's nice to have that extra in the evenings, and also in the morning, when I have to go to work I don't need to have the light on when in the shower.

Oh
I have been having a regular visitor after dark each night, shock/horror, lol. No, it is a small grey wallaby feeding in my front garden, after sunset when it is getting dark - very shy!

Love from Mum
XXX



No comments:

Post a Comment