Sunday, 31 August 2008

#59



Ewwww Yuck !!!

Well here I sit - eyes streaming, nose running, a head full of shredded tissue paper, a sore back, leaden limbs ... well I think I could go on forever but you should have the picture by now, lol. I have the flu, ewww yuck. I don't get colds and flu very often but when I do they make up for all the times in between. The last few times I have had a cold it has actually been scary because I have been having a lot of trouble breathing and especially if I get to sleep I often wake myself because I haven't had enough oxygen and I wake with a start, heart pumping and gasping for air. Not nice!! Last night was no exception, for half the night each time I nodded off, I would wake myself within a few minutes and even my throat was congested. This started over Monday night, quite innocuously with a scratchy throat which by Wednesday had developed into the pains in the joints, coughing, etc, but I felt reasonable. I decided not to go to work on my last day Thursday which endeared me enormously to the little person I mentioned in my previous posting. Her voice was as cold as ice when she realised it was me on the other end of the phone, lol.

Wasn't it a nice surprise later then when you phoned to say you were coming for a couple of days because there wasn't much work and you were taking two annual leave. Was meant to be. Thursday we went to the Coal mines - now I know how to get there and I took heaps of pics with my new camera, it was beautiful weather, so was Friday and we just relaxed out in the sun till you went home.  I was still feeling reasonable until just on dark when I realised my ears were congested and my chest was very tight and I was feeling feverish. Next day Saturday I had to go to Hobart to do my shopping, I didn't feel up to it but needed some medication urgently - well I think I was very fortunate to get there and back, because even with pain killers, I felt like death warmed up - I just dragged my shopping in, put the cold stuff in the fridge and went to bed, and the other bags are still sitting on the counter ready to be put away, lol.

Today I stayed in bed which is what I should have done yesterday, I didn't sleep very much but I feel I am over the worst, well it couldn't get much worse than last night, it was awful! And scary too!

Well it was nice to receive your text that you got up to Launceston ok for your week of TAFE training, good on you, which reminds me I got into the four TAFE short courses I wanted, MYOB, Photoshop beginner, Excel introduction and Skype so that will be a good launch off on knowledge for my secretarial business, I do know how to do MYOB but since they brought in gst I haven't used it, so doing bas and stuff will be all good plus it covers payroll too.

Anyway, it is the end of August today, and this is just about the end of me for today as well, lol.

love from Mum
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment