Saturday, 23 August 2008

#57



Starting to become impatient

Two days down and two to go and they have been d r a g g i n g so slowly. the money is nice but I am so impatient to get my life back together, everything has been put on hold for so many weeks now and I'm fed up! I might be in a better frame of mind if the management at my workplace were a normal well adjusted lot instead of trying to be mini tyrants - if they were in the normal corporate world they would be shot down immediately.

On a more interesting note, last night two friends and I went to the Port Arthur pub, my two friends names are Jenny and Jenni and of course there's me too, the terrible trio. Jenni had a hot date, she had met this bloke in this same pub a couple of nights before hand and had arranged to meet him this night. She really was on tenterhooks, very uptight and nervous and yet ultra keen for the relationship to take itself a little further .. after some years of being on her own, well as much on her own as a mother of 6 can be, you know what I mean. Jenny and I agreed to accompany her for dutch courage in case he didn't show. OK so we got there, had a couple of drinkies and of course the darling man didn't show, well he hadn't by the time I left at 8pm - I had said I was going to leave by 7 but ......

I found out from Jenny at work today that he still didn't show but later on another man who had admired Jenni from afar from about 12 months ago had arrived and he finally took the plunge and they got together, well they talked and went back to Jenny's place for more drinks and music and I don't know what happened next. But this original bloke had almost promised the moon to her the other night, he was going to do this, they were going to go here and there and he was going to look after, why do people do this to another person, then leave them dangling, just full of it.

On the rare occasions that I feel like some company then I need just to remind myself of this stuff just to kick myself into a better frame of mind. On a more amusing note, when I texted you to say I was at the pub, I was laughing at your reaction, lol, reading between the lines how amazing is it that mum may have a life of her own hmmmmm?

Today was a beautiful day, blue and sunny and warmish until about 3pm when it clouded over, the wind was cold all day, work was so quiet it was almost boring and I couldn't help but think of the seemingly hundrds of things I have piled up on the homefront ..... only 2 more days, only 2 more days.

love from Mum
xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment