Saturday, 16 August 2008

#53



Naughty naughty me !!
I been bad today. Today I went to town and bought myself a lovely new SLR camera, a Nikon - my very first Nikon and I am so proud of it, lord only knows how I will get to pay for it - I put it on my credit card shame. But I am going to offset it by auctioning my old cameras and other things around my home I no longer need on Ebay and maybe I should get my cross stitch charts up and running again.

I've been working hard enough lately - the last 12 days I've had 2 off, today I had off and I have tomorrow then another 7 day shift then it looks like it will be finished because the 'boys' will be back and I will be out of work .. and funds - hmmmm maybe I can sell my photos lol but I have to dig out all my memories of taking photos because it has been so long since I had a SLR - it will be on auto mode till I figure it out again. I am so thrilled though, a little financial hardship will be worth it.

Yesterday Kevin Rudd came to the site, along with the state premier David Bartlett and old grump Barry Jones among many hangers on for the morning to open the new modifications to the separate prison - and I actually saw him and waved and he waved and smiled at me .... I'm almost famous. This new bloke Ken the ghost guide is a pain in the backside, there is definitely something fishy about that one. Not once did he go to the harbour to pick up, he only picked up his guide mates - hope I don't get to see him too often, I feel he has an agenda and I don't fit into it.

I was asked by the social worker, Fiona, last night if I would be interested in volunteering to drive the kids home twice a month after their kids club youth group, otherwise they would have to cancel it. I don't really mind I suppose but said I would think about it. What about their own parents, why can't they come and pick them up I wonder. Anyway tomorrow when I may get a moment to myself I will analyse whether to or not, I feel for them but why do people ask me to do voluntary work, why can't they pay me for my talents, lord knows I need the money and I have many talents which I am good at.  Other people get paid for having lesser talents. Then there is the coming home in darkness, driving in the dark with the native animals on the roads, rainfall, etc, think I may be talking myself out of it, and I'm not a youth myself anymore.

Well I didn't get to see you today, didn't really think I would when you said last night you were spending the night at your friend Troy's. No matter, I was home again at 4pm and Misty was pretty happy about that. The weather is starting to change, there was blue sky in amongst the showers and not so cold. It has been such a wintry few days, Mt. Wellington had a frosted top when I was down there, I expected it to be further down the mountain.

I've just realised that today it is a whole year since you left Queensland, all on your own, in that little car. A WHOLE YEAR!

Today I bought a financial year diary from chickenfeed and a notebook to record my expenses for my VA trip since I don't have any accounting packages and I'm not up to date using Excel, I will just do it the old fashioned way for a while.

Pa came out of hospital, he was in there two nights and they straightened out his medicine, says he doesn't feel any different. Making light of these things at his age will be the death of him and if he would only acknowledge that he has a sleep apnoea problem I'm sure he could be given some relief.

Well it will be just over a week and my life will be getting back to normal and I can get some gardening done, work on my VA career, learn my new camera and a thousand other things, go walking the dog. Heather the guide wants to talk to me about 'something' it's probably got something to do with websites and I am feeling way more confident about these things now, everyone else does it and gets by so I can too, it's just a matter of confidence and realising that I am not perfect, nor is anyone else and I can get things done in a competent and professional manner.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend and being careful.

love from Mum
xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment