Monday, 11 August 2008

#50


It can't be 3 weeks already!!
Unfortunately this is so. Seems like 5 minutes. Well what have I been doing? For the last 7 days I have been working - making some lovely money - sorely needed. Luckily for me the weather was nice, went expecting to be frozen and windblown but Monday was simply one of the nicest days, I didn't even need my coat. Tuesday was nice too, so nice not to be puddling around in mud, on Wednesday I was in trouble for driving the petrol wombat "didn't you see the note about NOT driving it, it is leaving oil stains all over the site and some is draining into the sea!!" Well of course had there been a note left for me I certainly would not have taken that buggy out, seems like the boys club is alive and well and trying to sabotage the lady.

Thursday I took the Bentley out and just prior to lunchtime I had these 3 really HUGE people - mum, daughter and dad wanting a lift around. Well!!! They were pretty big people, mum got on, daughter popped into the back seat then dad hopped on, eeeeeek I thought the poor little wombat was going to sit down and die, my conservative estimate of our combined weight was half a tonne of blubber, they would each have been topping 150kg each plus my hefty contribution, I took them up the hill to the commandant's house, dropped them off and the poor little bugga died! The wombat that was, lol. Can't blame it, that amount of weight was far too much for that small little buggy to lug uphill. So I had only one buggy left - lucky me, the one that won't last all day on its charge - I just love challenges.

A wonderful surprise on Friday night when you rang to say you were on your way up for the weekend - it is 3 weeks ago since you were last here so happy that I am to have you here I know there will be the sad side when you go back again. Just to make things frustrating, I'm working all weekend so will have to squeeze lots of talking into smaller hours. You arrived about 7.30pm - no problems in the dark, no roadkill this time thank goodness. Misty and the cats were all pleased to see you - as well as me of course, lol. Now the real reason comes out .. you hadn't been paid during the week, so no money for food, fuel, going out - haha mums come in handy for all sorts of things. I know how hard it is to be living on your own and not having money for some freedom and food but this is only temporary. We went out to the tavern for dindins on Saturday night, it was a really cold day and it took me ages to warm up again, dinner was fine and we ran into Ruth and Denis which was fun then we returned home and put the heater on quick smart!

Off I went to work again Sunday with a heavy heart that you would be gone when I returned home. I had a good day and fortunately the battery in the wombat lasted all day, wish you had still been here when I got home though.

Today dawned with a beautiful blue sky, no wind and lots of frost. They have been forecasting a bleak change the last couple of days - snow and rain and very cold, but each day has been fine so far, looks like it's going to hit the fan tomorrow. The penalty to pay for not being home for 7 days .. the brown carpet was almost white with cat fur, washed the sheets, vacuumed, all that boring stuff then went to sit out in the sun for a coffee and it clouded over. I rang your work place lady to ask her if she was aware that you had not been paid so that's all fixed now, obviously a computer glitch because 3 others were not paid either, see I told you not to worry that you wouldn't get it!

I am currently researching this virtual assistant working from home at present, and I'm going to do it - I had a lovely shot in the arm late last week for encouragement in the group of VA's I am in and all I needed was a shove - so now I am starting to organise different things step by step but
IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN !!!

Instead of procrastinating about it, today I will be one step further along that path and tomorrow will be another step further. I want to organise a good business name so have found out how Tasmania organises that (well as I thought .. just a tad lagging behind Victoria, lol) but I have lots more research yet to do and ideas and stuff, also I will be looking into the NEIS scheme because if I need a decent printer along the track well I just haven't the money behind me right now, not to mention professional business cards, etc. Anyway that is still in the future yet, I have to take first things first.

Our currency rate is pretty poor at present, our dollar is only about 86 cents US$ which really sucks because it was only a few short weeks ago it was 98 cents and buying things in US$ was almost parity, now it is going to look costly buying poser items and other things I may need for "the business". I really want to buy a decent SLR too - I have this bug inside me that wants one, wants I said, not needs - I have to try to resist this one, lol.

I bought myself a pressie a couple of weeks ago on Ebay .. a copy of Painter X and by the time it arrived I had only 2 days to have a quick look before work interfered, so it's been put on the backburner temporarily till I get a decent chance to play with it, same goes for photoshop too. I only have tomorrow off then I go back for 3 days then get 2 more off then I'm back on my 7 day shift again, the poor ole doggie won't remember me soon, lol.

My list of want to do's..............
update my website with a new theme
learn painter and photoshop
research and get running my virtual business
do some more posers
practice more Vue

some have to do's
mowing
more gardening
Anyway I will be baaaack tomorrow.

love from Mum
xxxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment