Well tonight the sun went behind the mountain about 5pm which is much better than 20 to 5, it's been a lovely sunny day - not warm by any means but I sat outside with a book and a coffee for a little while. You came to stay a night on Saturday, supposedly to show me your copy of Guitar Hero, well it certainly looks like you enjoy it and should keep your fingers nimble. It was great to see you and I was actually quite sad when you left. We didn't do much, you helped me repair the shower tap but I had the wrong part so you put it back together. Then we went to the tavern to have dinner and had the good table next to their wood heater. You couldn't get over how big Jimi had become and how pale Tillie looked. Jimi is a nice boy, even if he nicked off before you left on Sunday so you couldn't say goodbye.
I showed you this new blog, and the pics of your poor commodore, you were very interested I think in the before and after photos and it hurt all over again.
Monday I had to work in the howling wind, rain and hail, just imagine driving around in that lovely totally airconditioned vehicle with the ice collecting in the guttering from its roof and every time I turned a corner the ice would fall off and land on me, lol. Well it was a good debut for my new coat, I wasn't cold at all especially when I put one of those ultra cheap plastic ponchos over the top and that kept the wind chill off. Tuesday was ok too.
I'm going to investigate getting a heat pump for the house, the gas has gone skyhigh and it is costing me about $30 per week just for heating, so next week when I go to town I will do some research. Also I have decided to work on my website to try to earn some money with my designs, slowly slowly, lol. Looks like I will have quite a lot of work for August so it will take me a while to get everything I want, done.
Your Jimi is becoming a worry, he didn't come in before dark and it was 7.15 before I found him, I had gone looking a couple of times without success, I was sure he was across the road but was too chicken to go over there with the torch, anyway when I went out I found him in the front garden chasing a wallaby.
Love from Mum
xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment