Wednesday, 20 August 2008

#56



A bit glum

I had a great day until this afternoon when I asked my supervisor about my job status and the 'new' helper. Obviously loyalty and seniority is not in their vocabulary, especially regarding casual workers because as she said, the permanent (read greedy) employee has priority on getting any extra work, if by chance he is unable to do extra or chooses not to, then they may ask me first or they may ask the nub first, either way chances are that I will be getting less and less work opportunities there. I have to say I felt disappointed, then angry and even felt like why bother at all with them. One good thing is that I have been spurred into really getting my secretarial business up and running as quickly as possible.

Tonight I searched for a domain name for it, and virtualsecretaryonline.com was available through my bravenet so I grabbed it, probably prematurely because I haven't yet registered a Tasmanian business name yet, been waiting for a day off, and I added an email which is jenne@virtualsecretaryonline.com so it would be really wonderful if I could get the same business name. I can't see why not, or if not then something very similar. I think I might drive up to Sorell tomorrow - just a short round trip of a couple of hours lol - to lodge my application and payment of course only $128.00 for them to search, I can put down three choices - if they are all taken then I do my money. It takes five to seven days for the certificate to come back to me, probably longer in my case. So that's definitely a great start.

I spoke to Heather yesterday who mentioned that I should get a website up and running for the peninsula craft workers locally so I am thinking about the hows of doing that as well. I just registered a domain name for that as well .. Tasman Peninsula Craft so I will let her know, I know it's boring but it's to the point if people want to do a search for it, it will come up easily.

It's all starting to happen. Wouldn't it be just great not to have to totally rely on my casual job for extra funds. I have never been so badly treated at a supposedly professional organisation, or maybe it is because they are state government employees. Something I've noticed is that the office staff have actually spoken to me over the past couple of days, could it be that they think I am worth speaking to? Now I have really come up in the world.

Regarding my poser world, tonight I bought some instant hairs and and some makeup and skin resources, last night I bought a lovely character so tomorrow on my day off if I get any time (haha) I might be able to get a start on making something. I won't hold my breath though. I am working Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Thursday then I'm finished - probably for quite a long time by the look of things so while I will be reverting to my penniless state, I hope to have plenty of time to learn all my new things, my new camera, my new toys and programs and take a breather.

It was nice to speak to you again for a while last night, you were so excited about your new workshop manuals and they should be lovely at $100 each but yes I agree they are a great resource for you and make sure you put your receipt away safely. We had a great discussion about rotary engines and then onto the buses didn't we, they are funny and warm memories those days and people on the buses.

Today was a lovely sunny day with a cold breeze, tomorrow is supposed to be wet - nasty me hopes it is because I won't be working in it.

Love from Mum
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment