Sunday, 11 January 2015

Yet another crochet idea



I have this wool in my stash so thought I would get a start on something new for me, this lovely stained glass type of square blankie, I haven't done anything from corner to corner like this before, so a little challenge.



I found the instructions a little confusing at first, then the penny dropped and off I went, it worked up quickly until I got half way then I had trouble again and again, eventually pulling it out four times, which was difficult in that the wool is a bit fuzzy and was getting stuck to itself, making the pulling out very annoying, however I think I'm on the right track now.

(to be continued .....)


well it's just a disaster, I got to the centre row (the widest) then started on the decreasing rows and my interpretation of the instructions obviously wasn't the same as the originator's and I was decreasing at both ends instead of one, and in any case it was forming a diamond shape, not a square, so I've put it in the too hard basket for now.





No comments:

Post a Comment