I am a member of a FB group for crocheting, and last year they had a Crochet A Long (CAL) where they presented a pattern each week for a block which was eventually made into a blankie, or whatever you decided to make from it. The creations were wonderful, the patterns were mostly a bit beyond my capabilities. This year they announced a 2015 CAL of 20 weeks, it will finish in May, so this week was the first instalment of parts one and two.
The first parts of the pattern were based on Sophies Garden. I tried this pattern last year but made a mistake in about the 13th row so I put it aside till I became more experienced. Just prior to Christmas I decided to give this one a go, since it was starting afresh, so I ordered some wool from Bendigo Woollen Mills in reds and creams, plus the denim blue I already had in my stash.
Started part #1 yesterday and I made so many stupid blunders, it took me way more hours than I anticipated but I got there, so I took a photo. It is a mystery CAL which means we don't know what the finished result will look like, all we know is that it will eventually be squared up and extra rounds added, ranging from single bed size to double/queen/king size, it's up to you to add what you require.
| Part #1 |
Yesterday, I decided to tackle part two and it took me many more hours, my finger was a bit sore but I finished it, this time with no mistakes, everything lines up and I was so happy with myself.
| Part #2 |
Now to wait for the weekend for part three lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment