Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Plaid Blankie


This project I started just before Christmas and it's going to be a LONG TERM project, apart from having a few other projects on the go (because I get bored with the one) it is made mainly up of very small squares which have to be joined together, which I find takes a long time and a lot of yarn.

However I finished the first round on New Year's Day.


Round 1.

So I've been busily crocheting twenty more little squares since then, found it a little boring, however finished them all this afternoon and next job is to sew them all together, eek.  So far I have made it mostly dark with only five brighter colours in this row.


Round 2 squares ready to be sewn together.

This is a diagram of my plan, well the first part of my plan.  The shaded part in the centre is what I have completed so far, and row 3 is next = 28 squares this time, the larger squares in the plan will be the same size as the centre one with brighter colours.


Diagram of centre

This is my inspiration, isn't it gorgeous, so you will see why I have been doing quite a lot of dark in the very centre so far, the next round I do (3rd) will have more of the brighter colours, but not too many.  I am doing this as a rectangular blankie, not a square, so have added two rows each end.


My inspiration




No comments:

Post a Comment