Picked up my framed prints from the framing gallery today and I am so pleased with the job they have done. It cost me $180.00 but hopefully if they sell at the Art and Craft Exhibition this coming weekend I will come out a little in front, not much though. My friends and Peter tell me I should put more money on them and value my work more, and now I guess they are right.
Anyway, first up is "Magic in the Glen" which I wanted to be unusual and magical, Peter chose the yellow matte and the framer chose the green moulding which brought up the yellow in the flowers and the green in the picture. I was delighted with the result. The framing cost $110 and I have it up for sale for $150, the printing cost $11 something plus a portion of postage so I'm just breaking even. If it doesn't sell I don't mind keeping it for a while lol.
If I get something like this one a month, I might ask our local Waterfront Cafe down here if I can hold an exhibition, they take 40% I believe, anyway something for the future. I have another similar to this one which didn't arrive from printing in time to make this exhibition.
| Magic in the Glen |
Next up is my photo of Gordon River Reflections, I had this one printed on metal to see what it looked like and I can say I was delighted with the result, It is light, and sharp with a nice backing ready for hanging. The photo doesn't do it justice as the reflections from the window are pretty obvious. It cost $80 something to print plus delivery and I have it up for sale for $180.00 so a nice profit margin there if it sells lol.
| Gordon River Reflections |
And this last one looks dreadful because of the reflections and the overhead light, the frame is black and the matte is navy blue which brings up the blues in the sea, it is a small delightful little pic, I put $130.00 on it, the framing cost $70.00 so if it sells I would make a little.
| Dunalley Beach @ Sunset |
Anyway, they are off to be delivered tomorrow for the exhibition on the weekend.
Prints are available of these images, if you are interested, please comment underneath or email ms.jenne@gmail.com and I can arrange pricing, thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment