Tuesday, 26 June 2007

#23



I am still reading: Ship of Brides .. Jojo Moyes --- almost finished, I do enjoy reading light fiction which is easy to pick up and put down when I am busy or distracted. In my personal rating I would give this book 7 out of 10.

Today we went for a drive, left at 10am and just took it easy. Tassie turned on her best winter weather for us, beautiful blue skies. We travelled through Hobart and even managed to end up on the correct way for a change, hehe, and got to Huon much earlier than we thought we would. After going past Mt Wellington with its snowy cap, we were both surprised to see a range further down south with marvellous snowy caps - I hadn't realised there were more higher peaks in that area .. new to me of course .. they were in the Hartz range, so I have to go back that way for a longer look.

Not being hungry we kept on and turned off to go to Tahune Airwalk, easy to find. A lovely heavily treed road, beautiful shafts of sunlight peeking through light mist at times. The ferns and vegetation on the sides of the road were steaming with the sunshine on them, I haven't experienced that for many years. We arrived at our destination, paid our money (hmmmm a tad expensive.......) and started our walk. Now I found out I wasn't as young as I hoped to be and climbing up those steps on the hill was HARD. Poor ole mum. Anyway I made it, vowing to get out walking regularly in future, and there we were, almost in treetop line. A wonderful idea. We continued along its course and of course there you were, bouncing as much as possible.



View from the airwalk

One of the majestic trees on the track


We finally got to the end where the 'walk' hangs out over the river and moves up, down and sideways with people's steps, definitely a little disconcerting, I felt like the whole construction was going to break and drop down, killing us on the way. I took some photos and some wonderful photos of tree trunks for stock photos for my hobby. We didn't take the other walk options - I can always come back, so can you I guess, because time was against us, it was 3pm when we left.


On our return we turned at Huon and took the road to Cygnet and Kettering, definitely on my list to explore that region in the future, camera in hand. We picked up two roast chooks at Margate and snacked on the way home. The drive home didn't seem to take long, makes a huge difference when I have someone to talk to, we finally got home about 6.15 and pups was very glad to see us, she was cold, lol.

I forgot to say we stopped at Sorell on the way out and I bought her a lovely fluffy new warm bed and yes she loved it, she popped into it after we brought her inside and didn't get out until I let her outside for her late night pee.

Was a lovely day, we had so many of those didn't we.

love from Mum
XXXXXX








No comments:

Post a Comment