Monday, 11 June 2007

#17



I'm a bit down in the dumps tonight, not entirely sure why although when I was vacuuming earlier I was thinking of you up there without your car. I have to say I feel disappointed with my friends not giving you a hand, they know you are on your own - I'm sure they could have pulled their proverbial fingers out - seems like no-one cares about anyone else's children.

I need to spend some money tomorrow, getting the car serviced, doing the grocery shopping and looking at a camera for your birthday, my dwindling bank account gets me down too, it's scary! Especially when I think of the outgoings soon - rates, insurance. I am so sick and tired of always having to watch carefully what I spend, then it all goes out the window with something like your phone bill, lol.

We have just finished our long weekend here, I didn't see anyone, didn't speak to anyone except for Dave next door, we had a chat over the fence. Everyone else seemed to be away. The weather was beautiful on Saturday, blue warm and sunny however by late afternoon the change rolled in and it spat and turned cold. I've been keeping busy downloading stuff to replace what I lost in my computer crash and some poser figures and accessories.

It was great to speak to you on the phone, I still can't get over how quickly it seemed when you got on the bus, and didn't that bring back memories. Those noises coming through the phone - seemed to me that it has only been 5 minutes since I was driving those beauties. I keep forgetting to tell you that the local schoolbus is an old shitbox done up in yellow and red, actually they would be good around here, just as well it's not a low floor though because it would tip the kids out going around the hilly corners.  And wasn't it just as well I was on the internet and able to transfer some money into your account so you could buy that windcheater although I don't know why you kids have to buy those expensive "name" brands, and DO have a look in those boxes for your old ones. I know you want some nice new warm clothes for down here but you should really be saving a little of your pay, you are working so many hours - you should have something to show for it.

I just printed out an application for a job at the local council as a fill in for when people are on leave, I still haven't heard from them about the one I applied for two weeks ago, I guess it's a tassie time thing, something like queensland time........... can't rush these things.

I was going to type a clever newsy message but I think my grey mood got the better of me.
Better next time,
love from Mum
XXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment