Winter Solstice
I am currently reading: Ship of Brides .. Jojo Moyes .. Yeah, this is an entertaining read, it is about Aussie war brides of English servicemen who are transported by ship after the war's end to England, leaving all their families behind and travelling to an unknown country. It features four of the women, their different lives, thoughts, emotions, concerns and their pasts, it is a fiction book but hugely entertaining, I am enjoying it.
YAY, today is the shortest day and the longest night, in about a month we will see an improvement in our sunsets and sunrises, the times were
sunrise .... 07.41
sunset .... 16.43
and it was a wonderful day, turned out sunny and blue, you're here at last and it's not too cold. It was great to see you walking through the airport off the plane, you looked taller, still with a face full of pimples, lol. Your face - when you saw the little Jazz which I said was mine now, I sold the other - was priceless.......
By the time we stopped at the shops, had a bite to eat and a coffee it was 2pm, had heard nothing about picking up my car so we went directly to Honda and fortunately she was ready to pick up and drive home and we finally arrived just after dark. Yes, our cats and dog were really pleased to see you, even Em deserted my bed to sleep with you for the night.
Good to see you my son!
love from mum
XXXXXX
No comments:
Post a Comment