Well I got everything done yesterday that I had planned. Firstly I dropped my resume into the council, next to Sorell to Centrelink, then to pick up my new battery powered backup for the computer so hopefully I will now be protected properly from power surges and blackouts. Next on to get my car serviced, they promised three quarters of an hour and they delivered. Well done and what's more they were cheaper than where I used to go.
The bad news is that I need to have the radiator taken out and fixed soon, and I have to leave my car there overnight, they have quoted $350.00 which is not too bad and would loan me a Jazz to get me home and back. There are a couple more items which also need attention but can possibly wait until another 10,000k.
After collecting my car I went to eastlands to do my shopping and stopped off to look at a camera which I had seen advertised for a very nice price, I bought it, for your birthday coming up soon. It is the same as mine except a later model, similar features. I haven't decided whether to keep it for me, lol, or to give you mine as it has features on it which you wouldn't probably need, still I put in a new SD card and new batteries and cleaned it up a little as it was the last one and a little shop soiled. Then I did my groceries and by this time it was 4.20 and I knew I would be driving home in the dark which I am not happy about due to the amount of road kill after dark.
However I did finally arrive home about 6pm, in the dark, everyone was happy to see me.
I was so glad I went to town yesterday and not today because it was showery and cold. There was snow on the mountain I heard, not so far away, lol, but it was ok here. I bought some new flannelette sheets yesterday so I washed them too, I needed some extra for when you come to stay. I finally at last found an online manual for my gas heater so I printed out some pertinent pages, just as well because I found the filters need cleaning on a weekly basis, and how long have I been here? And how long before that had they been cleaned? Anyway, done today and the heater works so much efficiently now, I've been able to turn it down 2 degrees and I am happy about that. Now I know how to operate the timers so I could have it turning on say at 8am for an hour or so to warm things up then turn itself off then turn on again later in the afternoon/evening for some hours however that would be pretty indulgent right now, lol, the dog would love it though. Remember when we first looked at the controls and wondered how to use it, gee I even have the time entered on it now, so easy when you know how.
I turned it on about 2.30 and slobbed out on my new sofa and read my book and drifted off to sleep, not because it is a boring book, far from it, I love it!!!!! It is about a policeman in Alaska (fiction) and is very entertaining. After I woke I connected my new batterypak to the computer - it takes about 8 hours to charge properly so by 10.30pm it should be rocking and rolling.
Tonight I will be able to sleep cosily in bed while it rages outside, and I will be as snug as a bug in a rug.
love from Mum
XXXX
No comments:
Post a Comment