I cleaned up your room today - I had been using it as a storage room since you left so I had quite some clearing to do, now it is all clean and tidy, the bed's made with fresh sheets and the room looks quite inviting. I felt so sad when tidying some of the little things of yours, it took me back to your room at Currimundi, we were so happy there in that house and we were there for thirteen years. 13 years of memories - from a four year old to a seventeen year old - baby things like your early books growing into a teenager's hobbies. Your beautiful model cars, posters, drawings and little treasures. A life that I thought would continue for much longer than it has, now it has all come to an end and you're off on your own.
I wonder how you will feel when you come down, I know you are looking forward to it but it will be much different. You've had a taste of independence now, you're not my little boy anymore, lol. Anyway, the rest will do you good. Hope you don't get bored.
Looking back now on that 13 years, I guess it took a while but now it seems as if the time has gone by in a flash and I feel bad because we didn't fill it with enough different things, of course I am exaggerating but just thinking we could have gone away more often. Of course it was the lack of money that stopped us from travelling over much of Queensland, I would have loved to have taken you to Mission Beach, Cairns and further up, and my dream of us going together to Uluru has vanished, you will have to go with some mates.
Then there are memories of Skipper and who found him, your weird mate Patrick and his mother, the bad times at state school, Tiger, Currimundi beach, Longreach, the jumping tree, we did have a lot of good times together. Have to have a giggle about all that. Now I feel a little better.
I am looking forward to a good chat, it's just not quite the same on the phone and a one to one chat will do us both good. 2 sleeps to go, lol. Speak to you tomorrow night. Take care and don't be late for the plane.
love from Mum
XXXXXX
PS Snow on the mountain today, saw it clearly from here. Also a crane almost went over the side of the Tasman Bridge and the traffic was diverted to the other bridge from 10am till 3pm, glad it was today and not tomorrow because I would have been caught in that traffic mess. Hope it's not raining too much because I will be driving a different car home, then back to pick you up the next day.

No comments:
Post a Comment