Great to hear from you this morning, I wasn't worried that I had not heard from you last night as I forgot to unplug the dial up line from the telephone socket till late but of course there is always that little voice inside saying hmmmm hope he is ok. I told you I had found a place inside where I get 4 or 5 bars on my mobile so at long last I can use it at home, found it by accident. Today is showery and sunny, too wet to mow the grass, what a shame.
Well that was certainly a quick trip up to Qld, that was a good idea to sandwich yourself between the semis, you can slipstream them - I think I told you they can almost pull you along if you are close enough to them and save a bit on petrol, however the downside would be that if they hit a roo or cow that it might come underneath enough to hit your car and you would not get much of a warning ay? Anyway you made it safely so that's a big load off my mind. The little car went well, take good care of it.
Dave next door told me the sailing club was open for business 10am each Sunday but at that time it was too wet and I didn't feel like getting wet. Sounds like a fun group and after I repair my little silhouette I am eager to join in, they have a crash boat for those who overturn (me), can't find their way back (me), haha, so that's good to know. Their season finishes in March - by then it is starting to get cold he said. I will have to get off this computer and go kayaking soon too, one day I want to explore Pirate's Bay too. Just imagine that! Last May I saw a paradise where I would have loved to live and the dream has come true.
I hope your dreams come true too, at least you have made a good start by enrolling in your CAD course and finding a place to live where all your friends are. Be careful with your mobile and don't make unnecessary calls otherwise you might find you have to part with a whole week's wages to pay your bill. I hope your room is good and that you can get a proper bed soon.
I didn't get my computer back on Friday like I said, they rang to say the part they put in did not completely fix it and that they had to order something else from HP so it looks like I will have to go back there next week, it would have saved me two hours if he could have brought it with him, no matter I will be happy to have it back, then I only need to find those screws you put somewhere and put the computer table back together - I suppose it will fit on the dining table until then anyway, just awkward to type with the keyboard so high.
I saw a yacht down in the bay before; I peeked with the binocs and it was a largish one towing a tender, it looked so small from up here.
I might as well continue with your early beginnings from where I left off in #3. After new year in Wineglass Bay we continued down along the coast, inside Maria Island and down to Fortescue Bay, you know - where we called in on our 'Sea life" cruise last week - and we stayed there a couple of days. We went for a walk one day, as there are hiking tracks in the area and that was the spot where, as I was walking back to the boat I looked down and there, right next to my foot was a black snake curled up. My next step was about 10 feet long I think!!!!! It didn't move but I did get a fright! Next we sailed out of that bay and down to Tasman Island, passing all those wonderful features that we saw the other day. I did smile at your reaction to the swells we encountered in that little boat, you thought they were big when they were only about 2 metres, lol, I saw them big when they were 6 or 7 stories high.
We called in at Port Arthur and explored the ruins there, it was casual then - 18 years ago - not the big money making affair it is now although it is a good thing that they have money available to restore some buildings. Did I tell you I saw this big cruise ship come into the bay on Friday, it was beautiful to see her make her way around Isle of the Dead. It was the Sea Princess, I think the one they have been having so much trouble with, but she sure was beautiful. Anyway we took some photos and then made our slow way from Port Arthur down to South West point, or actually Recherche Bay which wasn't so nice as there was no sand but only stinking sticky black goo underneath.
It was here that I started to feel quite ill. It started as a type of fatigue and aching in all my limbs. At first I thought I was in for a dose of the flu but after another day I was much worse, I was so stiff and sore and just totally stuffed. The next morning I found I was covered in small red lumps and I freaked, I thought it was measles and even though in my youth I was innoculated against german measles I was so worried that it was sometihng awful like that which would interfere with a foetus, as by now I was 10 days late and absolutely certain that I was pregnant. I just freaked and demanded to be taken to a doctor. M wasn't very happy but we sailed up to a small civilisation called Dover where I saw this doctor - I don't know if you remember the doctor in Cannonball Run but he had like one eye, was always totally pissed, slurring and hard to understand and his arm shook so badly when he was aiming to give a needle - well this one was a dead ringer, I just could not believe me eyes! And he knew nothing about my condition which was such a big help...not! By now my rash was increasing and covered my whole body and I found it difficult to move my limbs.
We sailed to Kettering where a friend of mine, Steve, lived and worked. It was so good to see a friendly face because Martin was not very happy with me for some reason. In fact he was very shitty and said I was pretending to be sick so I could go home - no not the case. Steve took me to the airport the next day, by now I was bright red all over, as if I had a severe case of sunburn, I wore long sleeves, high neck and jeans to cover myself in case the airline would not let me on.
That's enough for today, I will continue this saga soon.
Take care, will write again soon,
love from mum XXXXXXX
No comments:
Post a Comment