Saturday, 20 January 2007

#7



Today I've remade this site to reflect new beginnings and a new year. Underneath I have placed copies of previous writings as I wrote them last year, as you know I did not have much time for my personal computer life and so didn't get to write very often, and there has been so many major changes in our lives.

You've gone now, you left on Thursday, two days ago and to me it felt like someone had ripped my heart out and replaced it with a heavy stone. The actual lead up to your departure was worse I think because after you had left even though I was sad and still heavy hearted, it was not as painful. I was teary on the way to work but as I was busy I was distracted from the pain, I even smiled a couple of times, and after I finished work I drove down to Hobart to have my computer repaired. By the time I returned home it was almost 7pm and home and away was on so I wasn't hurting much until it was 8pm and I was thinking of the boat pulling away in Devonport and that it was way too late and I couldn't get you back again. Silly me, not that I would have stopped you.

It was so good to hear from you that you had both made it to Devonport safely, I know you are a careful driver (mostly) but there are plenty of idiots out there, I hope you never come across a bad one. It was great to hear from you the next night (last night) when you were at Ian's and when you were telling me about getting a little lost in a rainy Melbourne then finding your way I was so proud - you used your common sense and that allays some of my worry while you are travelling up to Queensland. Melbourne is a big place and it would have given you a little taste for when you eventually move there to work and play.

Today is a little wet, I've been doing some cleaning up, I put the toilet roll on the other wall, we never got around to doing that did we. I checked the back shed and tidied it up a little, washed the sheets on your bed and when they are dry I will remake your bed and re-arrange your room so it is easier to get around. Poor little Em is still missing you, I gave her a really nice pat last night and she was relaxed and purring, I still left her pillow on your bed and she slept there because Tink is a bit nasty to her. She woke me up early this morning by running from the front door full pelt then sliding on the kitchen floor crashing into everything on her way several times.

Now I have more time I can write here for you on a regular basis, perhaps we can communicate here. I am working next week then I am officially finished however I have 3 shifts starting on the 6th February so that's really good. I heard on the radio that there is a surfing competition today at Roaring Beach, just typical after you have gone, ay?

I am thinking of you, hoping you are safe and missing you - something like missing an arm or leg, but at the same time I am happy for you and glad your life is coming on track.

Talk soon,
love from mum XXXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment