Remember our Christmas Day? Well that's what Saturday and Sunday were like. Wet, wild and windy! I'm glad it all held off till I wasn't working, that would not have been fun driving people around on the wombat getting soaked and cold. I did some work then put the heater on and watched some tv on Saturday. Sunday wasn't as bad, it cleared up about mid afternoon, I even took Miss Misty for a short walk.
Today I tidied up out the back, firstly I mowed the lawns then emptied the boat which had some water in it. I washed it all out as best I could, I used the hose because our tanks are full so have a bit to spare. The cats came out to help. I tidied up the bbq area, put the dryer inside the tool shed, it should keep dry there, and rearranged the bbq and that 3 door cabinet that we put the plastic over, well it got wet and the bottom has crumbled, so I propped it up with some bricks. It's not going to last very long if it keeps getting wet but there's not a lot I can do about it. I put that old table over the top of Misty's kennel for some extra shelter if she is outside while I am away, put some more grease on the little windmill because it has been screeching in the wind and I put the kayak next to the clothesline upside down and emptied all the water from inside it. The backyard looks pretty good now, so does the front.
Inside the house I have filled some of your room with my clothes hanging on the door until I get something to hang them on and put some things on the floor, so my room looks tidy now. When I get more batteries for my camera I will take a pic of those two tv cabinets in my room and put up a for sale sign outside the supermarket in Nubeena. Make some more room. I cleaned the top of the kitchen bench of all that stuff and put those two pine small coffee tables each side of the entertainment cabinet which looks much better now, everything is gradually taking shape.
Well today was your orientation day at the tafe - hope it was fun - back to being a new boy lol. I was thinking of you - I hope you love it, I suppose it may possibly be hard sometimes so make sure you ask questions because you are paying for it now .. well I am which is the same thing. Get everything you can information wise from them and get your money's worth.
I went past your room before and did a double take, someone had pinched Em's pillow and looked very comfortable, in fact she was asleep! Mama Puss, the tart!
They rang today to say my pc is fixed, maybe I will get it tomorrow. I have a 3.30pm appointment with the local doctor because the port arthur site wanted me to get a physical for work, it is something I had to do and kept putting off while you were here, then I had to wait 10 days before I could get in for it. Hope I can get to town and back again before 3.30 and I have to go back there on Thursday for my work directions/centrelink appointment, I am thinking they are going to make me go like you had to 15 times and mine isn't at Sorell, mine is Rosny, hmmmmm I will kick up about that if that's what they want me to do! I am going to apply for a couple of jobs I have seen, one is at the historical site, another is at the school.
Time to go.
Love from mum
XXXXXX
No comments:
Post a Comment