Friday, 26 January 2007

#10


It's Australia Day today, Friday, and it was my last day as a wombat driver, the four weeks went very quickly and it was good fun. I will be back there applying for more jobs, they have one going at present as a booking/promotions person for a fixed period of 6 months. I've made a friend, her name is Michelle so that's a bonus too. This morning I somehow shut one of my fingers in the fridge and it is all bloody underneath the nail and quite painful, such a small stupid thing.

It was good to speak to you yesterday, especially as you were on your own. It was my usual boy talking to me, not the one with smartarse attitude in front of his mates. The little dog looks a cutie, I hope they don't let him wander and get lost/run over. Hope you received the pic I took of Em, it was a good one, she was relaxing on her scratching post.

Ian has some trouble at present; I don't know if you noticed when you were there last week but Polly had an internal problem and Ian had to take her to a vet on Monday, she ended up with her uterus being taken out with some problem and while they were digging around inside, the vet noticed her liver was a bad colour and took a sample. She survived her operation and is home again, however Ian got back the results of the biopsy on the liver and they say it is her bile duct affecting her liver and the prognosis is that she has 2 months to live. I hope they are wrong but poor Ian and poor Polly too.

On another note Martin has gone back to his home but loves it down here. I said to him that Caroline would love to move somewhere cooler too and he was surprised then said she would not be coming with him when he moves anywhere because as far as he is concerned it is over for them, well I was very surprised to hear that!

I am so glad I am on my own (without a partner I mean), it is just so much of a hassle, I thnk I was destined to be a single. I am starting to settle down without you, Monday I felt sad without you and various times between but it is a comfort to know that you are happy, in a place you know with your friends and with a new career path to tread, I am sorry about your little Em and I know you miss her and your home too, probably not my nagging haha. But as for living with a bloke, well I really don't think I have missed much there, I am happy on my own. Especially when I remember the last disloyal idiot!!!!!!

Just a short note today, it has been warm although overcast and I am looking forward to having a week off work, I certainly have a lot to catch up on, unpacking, car washing, vacuuming, I have a resume to create and I would love to go kayaking or sailing but they are forecasting wet and cold over the weekend. At least I have plenty of choices no matter what the weather brings.

love from mum XXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment