Friday, 5 September 2014

Day 4 .. Flinders Ranges 2014




Oh what a day we have had, I thought it would have been a short day to be back 'home' early because we only had the middle circuit to do, but I was wrong.  And I am so glad we left this journey till last because it was just so magical.  The scenery and different places, the atmosphere, the feeling; it was absolutely magic!  I just fell in love with these Flinders Ranges.

Today was sunny, perfect the whole day, quite different from the past days and perfect for photographing the hills, the colours, the folds in the hills.  First stop was the lookout for the Elder Range, this time with the sun on the right side showing the colours and folds in the hills.

photos

Next was Wilpena Pound where we went to the visitor centre, Pete bought a bird book, I bought a book of maps and information about the Ranges, wish I had seen a copy of this before this our last day, however it came in very helpful as we then visited Wilpena Homestead which we hadn't known about earlier.  A wonderful place for a farm, surrounded by the hills, green and verdant and so many river red gums, I took tons of pics of the gums and places around the homestead.

photos

After Wilpena, we visited the Sacred Canyon (where I went on my last trip here), still a gorgeous day and we went to the end of the canyon and saw the Aboriginal art markings, took photos.  By now it was getting on for 2.30-3.00 but we only had a short way to go (we thought).  We took the Bunyeroo track to come out Brachina Gorge Road, well this was the most fabulous journey!!  Started off quite ordinary then became very very interesting, I don't know how many times we stopped to take photos, the scenery was so diverse and extraordinary.

more details later

No comments:

Post a Comment