Saturday, 16 August 2014

Maria Island re-visited



Caught the bus outside Dunalley Neighbourhood House at 9am, capably driven by Ange and arrived at Triabunna in good time to catch the free ferry, an OK day wather-wise for photography as it was overcast, threatening to drizzle and no shadows.  

We decided to explore to the north this time, catching up on what we missed the previous time we were here (2nd August 2013) so went to the barn first, lovely old carts and old machinery here to take long exposures in the dim conditions.  Someone told us a couple of days later that there was a humungeous snake had made its home here, as thick as an arm !!!  So glad I didn't see it.

We sat outside the barn in the lee of the wind to have our lunch (muesli bars and water) then went uphill to explore the hotel and surgeon's quarters, then turned north again to the Miller's House and along the path to the Fossil quarrying area, up a hill towards Bishop and Clerk (covered with a fine misty rain, us too) and wandered back to Darlington.

Pete went to take more photos of Mrs. Hunt's quaint house while I slowly wandered along the path to the ferry, a bit tired by now.  I was simply aghast to see 'they' had mutilated several of those beautiful old macrocarpa trees lining the entrance to Darlington, I wish they would leave things like that alone, supposedly dangerous I suppose but irreplaceable.

No comments:

Post a Comment