Tuesday, 7 October 2008

#62



Daylight Saving

Daylight saving commenced on Sunday, I love daylight saving. Even though this time I had to get up very early so I could drive to town to do my first lesson on Photoshop and then return the next day to do a lesson on Excel, I was so sleepy when I returned home yesterday I went for an hour's snooze. Well I have been sooooo busy the past month, haven't even written any messages here.

So much has happened in a month.

I have almost completed my MYOB course,
opened my bank account
registered my ABN
set up my outlook and email
completed my website - to my satisfaction at long last
re-established my home phone
bought a copy of MYOB from a seller on eBay
am in the process of completing Excel - the introduction, two to go (intermediate and advanced)
half way through the introduction to photoshop
in a couple of weeks will be starting a 7 week course in desktop publishing .. for ideas and inspirations
as for my neis submission, did that 3 weeks ago, heard nothing, emailed them yesterday and had that returned ... hope they haven't gone out of business!

I have decided I want to go websites, designs, typing, bookkeeping (still a little shaky on that but will now be able to practice). On reading some of the leters in vaig I get the impression that there are a lot of supposed clients out there who just want a dogsbody who will take care of their sloppiness, laziness and disorganisation, I had too many years of that kind of experience thank you so I will be very careful not to slip into that kind of position again .. note to self, lol.

Thanks to Deni at Dummies, I have a lovely client, lol, all the way from Nevada - she is doing most of the designing work thank goodness and I think we will be a great team once I pull my finger out to start on her site, it's been a little while since we first spoke but things are coming together.

Today I volunteered at the online centre and met a lady who was setting up a group for helping throughout the community, for example organising a link up between people who can't drive to Sorell or town with people who could offer lifts, great idea. They may be looking for a website, so I volunteered a little. It will help with word of mouth anyway.

And you have been a busy boy too, away the past two weeks at Lonnie doing your TAFE and wasn't it great to catch up ever so briefly on Rosny hill after my course finished on Sunday, might be able to catch up next Sunday too but we will have to figure out a meeting place for a cuppa.

Anyway, I'm off for now,
love from Mum.
xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment