Tuesday, 9 September 2008

#61




A Milestone reached. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GORGEOUS BOY !!!!!


This was going to be the first birthday of yours that we had spent apart - you were working, I was here. I thought you had arranged to have a meal with James and I also thought some of your workmates would have drinks or something after work.

I was so glad I rang you to ask, and even gladder that I decided to go and spend some of the evening with you because otherwise you would have been all alone and we can't have that on your birthday! I left here about quarter to three and went to Eastlands to buy you a prezzie, well another one, lol, and to bring you Nanna and Pa's gift as well. I bought you a tiny sliver of a diamond stud for your ear and hoped inside that you still had it pierced. When we met at the muffin break I had a peek and no stud, ohhhh. You had let it grow over, lol. Anyway we went back to your place and you showed me all the new things you had, the way you had arranged your room and new stereo then we found your old stud and you forced it through your earlobe, yeah hurt a little but not totally overgrown. I'm looking forward to seeing that subtle little twinkle of the diamond.

Your hair looks good all tipped, I know you like the colour but I think a more silvery colour would also look good.

After going to your place we then went out to find a place to have dinner. Firstly we went to Hogs Breath but had to wait 30 minutes before a table so we decided on the fish restaurant at the wharf, but that stank very fishy, lol, and you turned up your nose so we went to the Ball and Chain where we also had to wait 30 minutes so our dinner didn't arrive until about 8.30 but it was well worth it. The place was warm, the steaks were huge and beautifully char-grilled and the side accompaniments were nice and fresh, so the night turned out really well, I know I enjoyed it and I am so glad again that I decided to join you.

It was well and truly dark before I left to return home, in fact it was 10.38pm and I was on the watch for little animals on the road, didn't see a sign of one until after Port Arthur when there were heaps. I narrowly missed a wombat casually strolling across the road towards me, he didn't even hesitate or look at me, I am so thankful I missed that one plus the wallabies.

So 19 at last, I can't believe that all those years have passed and you are that age! sigh.

Love from Mum
xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment