It's been a busy few days. I've been up and back from Hobart - I feel dizzy lol. I drove up on Saturday because Wayne invited me to a handwoven basket display at the museum, his late wife had two of her baskets there. Was an interesting night although I could see he was quite tense.
Afterwards we decided to have a meal and ended up at a lovely warm place called "The Drunken Admiral" which was decorated as the inside of an old ship and had lovely old artefacts. Our meal was lovely, firstly some beautiful hot crusty bread with a spreadable dip, and we both had the same main course which was scallops and prawns in a nice satay sauce, yummo!
You came over in the afternoon with your friend John who we met a couple of weeks ago when you came up to home for Troy's pop's memorial, so we didn't get too much time to talk ay? Still, I was coming back on Tuesday so we caught up then.
On Sunday it was a sunny day for a change and Wayne and I drove back to home here, arriving about 4pm so the day was shot to pieces. Next day was rainy and cold again and we didn't even get to go outside except for me getting the papers, lol. Monday was Dad's 86th birthday, I was in the shower when I realised I had better not forget to ring him. We had a nice chat and the day just disappeared.
Tuesday we went back to Hobart not leaving till 1.30 I think, I had to go to Centrelink to lodge my Austudy application which took a while then we finally left there and had the sun full in our faces for most of the way to Wayne's, I drove the little car and the windows were dirty too which didn't help one bit! When we arrived, I texted you and you came over and stayed for tea, it was nice.
It must be awful most times for you to be the 3rd person when stupid Troy and Lynne are together and he really needs to grow up some, one minute sending me a text about your bad ways then next moment doing the same thing himself. I bought you some "munchies" lol and 3 flannellette shirts so they will be much warmer for you.
Saw you briefly today when you came over to Wayne's, you two went off to go job hunting or rather to lodge applications with labour hireing places and I went off home in little Suz. It had been quite a cold night, saw on the news it had been 1 degree and a maximum of 12 today, it was a beautiful sunny day and Mt. Wellington had a small crust of snow right on top. I arrived home about 3pm, still sunny in the loungeroom .. the kids were glad to see me I think. I kept thinking of poor Misty outside in 1 degree - poor little dog, will make up for that tonight lol. I am drying out her old bed which I will pop into her kennel, I kept wanting to do that but it was soaked through due to all the rain we have been having lately.
When I was away for the 24 hours roughly from Saturday afternoon to Sunday afternoon, we had had almost 2 inches of rain, just over 50mm. Hobart was cloudy/sunny, here was pelting down as I left, poor little miss Misty, she is so forgiving.
Love from Mum
xxxxxx
No comments:
Post a Comment