Wednesday, 12 November 2008

#66



Quiet days .. after the storm lol

Well nothing bad has happened for a few days - nice to say.


I've still no work coming, the ad appeared twice in the gazette, I've ordered some free business cards, two huge books from amazon - one is 988 pages of InDesign and the other is well over 1000 pages on the creative suite bible so after about ten years of reading through and experimenting I should be pretty well an expert. I have so much to learn yet, those 8 or so years I spent driving buses really put my skills a long way back but I am catching up with what is important now.

I want to learn
InDesign
Dreamweaver
Illustrator
PDF's
Word
Power Point
Excel
Photoshop

well that's some and I have started a couple. Long way to go yet. I have applied for a graphic design course online next year so cross my fingers that I get in although it will be a lot of work.

Have to get my time management skills going and allocate maybe 2 hours per day learning and leave it at that oherwise nothing is going to work out because I have too much going on and not much going into the old brain. This website I have been trying to do for a friend .. did a lovely template on Sunday in Dreamweaver, it is so much quicker and easier than handcoding. I gave her the links and she replied showing me another website style she is interested in which is way above my capabilities.      I think this job is going to take a long long time somehow.

I've just finished reading a really interesting book titled The Broken Window by Jeffery Deaver - a good read concerning personal privacy in today's computer driven world and how easy it would be for people to experience identity theft, some of the lists in the book were absolutely astounding - nothing private at all unless perhaps one pays cash.

Yesterday I did my 4 hours at the internet access centre, it was quite a warm day, today is cooler - a good day to do my mowing but that will have to wait until after I do the dishes, vaccuum, and change the sheets. Better get offa here and get cracking lol.

love from Mum
xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment