Anzac Day today. After a relatively quiet week we decided on a day trip. Where would we go .. Lake Echo? Weilangta? No, we decided to see the colours of the Autumn fagus at Lake Dobson.
Left home at 8am under clear blue sky and little wind, reaching New Norfolk about 10am where all the poplars and willows were proudly displaying their golden colour along the river. Continued past Russell Falls along a narrow dirt track to our destination, Lake Dobson, where we caught up with Marilyn and Lin.
We took the Pandani Walk around the lake, a 40 minute walk which took we avid photographers an hour and a half.
I think three quarters of Hobart were up there today and most of its photographers.
I read the next day that Anzac Day is THE day for visiting the fagus.
I read the next day that Anzac Day is THE day for visiting the fagus.
We didn't see any fagus.
![]() |
| These beautiful ferns line the road on the way to the lake |
![]() |
On Wombat Moor, typical vegetation and patches of snow. It was cold up there,
exposed to the elements thus the vegetation was very hardy.
|
![]() |
| Lots of Spanish Moss hanging around. |
![]() |
| and I spied a tiny patch of fungi, this little fellow is about the size of a 10 cent coin. |
![]() |
| A view of Lake Dobson from the Pandani Walk, a gorgeous place, well worth a visit or two. |





No comments:
Post a Comment